MiraJax Best Be Believing Music Video

MiraJax Best Be Believing Music Video:

MiraJax- Best Be Believing

Front and Back Digipack

Front and Back Digipack
Front and Back Digipack

Inside Digipack

Inside Digipack
Inside Digipack


Please click this image to enter our website

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Evaluation Q4: How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next terms music video coursework?


Next term our project involves chosing a non main stream track and creating a music video for the track and a brand for the artist(s). I am really looking forward to this project as it will give us a chance to carry over any skills we have learn from this prelim project while also being creative and coming up with out own video.


During this prelim project I have acquired many skills that I think I can carry over into next terms project, including:
  • lip syncing and performing skills.

This means that in next terms project I will feel more confident in performing in our own music video which will make the project easier as we wont have to rely on external actors.
    An example of me lip syncing.

  • dance and choreography skills
From having dance rehearsals with Tash, our professional dance coach, we have learn routines and moves that we can carry over into our own video.
    The Ballet routine we learnt.

  • Planning ahead for the shoot day; costumes, rehearsal schedules, call times etc.
I have learnt the importance of careful planning and enough rehearsals before a shoot day in order for the day to run smoothly and be successful.
  • The importance of careful styling, including hair, makeup and costume in order for the video to look as professional as it can.
As well as learning skills which will help us in creating our music video, I also learnt about the conventions of a music video during this project, for example:
  1. Beauty shots of the star 
  2. Discontinuous editing
  3. Frequent jump cuts
I will therefore be able to include these conventions I have learnt in my video next term. 
Overall the prelim project has prepared me a lot for next years project in both performing, planning and technical skills and I am extremely excited to carry over what I have learnt into creating my own music video next term!

No comments:

Post a Comment